Early in the year, I have made the point to shift the focus from Malaysian centric topics to mapping centric topics. Yes, I achieved this as the posts are reflecting a balance level of topics on Malaysia and the world.
Let's examine some of the consultancy works I did in 2014:
- Producing a simple map of Mauritian region for architectural project
- Developing a fast way to identify a new centre line for a new road in an Australian City
- Listing out the principles of geographical naming in Malaysia (in English) for external consultant
- Advising and working with my Election NGO on cartographic matters for electoral delimitation
- Strategic advice on how to improve cartographic design in ArcGIS
- Advice my Ecuadorian architect friend where to get free vector data of his country
Some of my major works I completed in 2014:
- Completion of my biggest ever digitally published map (Map of Venezuela)
- Publishing a simple map where free WIFI spots in Penang
- Collaborated with team of professional and student cartographers to produce a linguistic map of Melbourne for IMIA conference using CartoDB
- Launching official twitter page for the blog @daneshatlas
Some of the key mapping events I have attended in 2014:
- Visualizing Data by Geoplex (February 2014)
- Attending the International Map Industry Association (IMIA) Conference for third time
How did you help the blog in these achievements?
- Sharing, retweeting and Google+ my blog posts
- Commenting on my works on my blog and social media
- Seeking advice from me on cartographic matters!
The question how did my works helped you?
Let's see how the blog evolve to in 2015
Thank you all!